Tuesday, May 09, 2006

working on the Beemer

Sometimes the BMW askes for some attention too. It's actually a very reliable car. Although in last days I noticed the engine was running a bit lumpy on idle. As it happened before I was quite sure it would suffer from a knackered inlet manifold gasket. Compared to the GT6 the BMW doesn't look very accesable under the bonnet. Luckily it isn't as bad as it seems. I think the E30 is as simple as Lego. Working on it is a sheer pleasure! I recon BMW engineers must be the best in the world. The technical design is very clever. Removing the inletmanifold seems to be tricky. The bolts look very unaccesble, but if you take your time it's a easy job. I did the job in 2,5 hour, taking the manifold off, cleaning it up, putting it back on and having a coffee in between as well... Now the engine is running sweet again!!!

No comments: