Saturday, February 17, 2007

PI progress

Not much really. I've been sorting out the bits that came with the car and found out there is a lot missing. Luckily the specific PI bits are all there, it's mostly trim and stuff that I need. I've spoken to the previous owner who still has a donor car somewhere in a lock-up. Hopefully I can get it off him and complete my car. I cleaned the leather seats, they are in reasonable condition, only the leather has completely dried out. Not sure what to do yet, I'm thinking of fitting modern (BMW?) seats which will give more support than the original ones. Still plenty of time left to think about these things. James made up this PItastic pizzledown that shows exactly how much time is left before it has to be finished. RBRR08 is my goal !!

Also had a quote for doing the bodywork and paintjob... Why is paint so expensive??

No comments: